🪴...UNTOLD STORY OF POTTED PLANTS...🪴

Hello people...
Today morning I slept a bit longer because I was so tired. I woke up and saw the time, it was too late to go to college so I decided to take leave. Then what? again I slept. Then I remembered the promise that I made to my mom that I'll clean my wardrobe whenever I get holiday. I thought why to waste this day, let me do it today and take rest tomorrow, so I started cleaning my wardrobe. Yesterday my brother and I went to a nursery and bought few indoor  plants and soil to transfer plants from smaller pot. I don't know why but now a days I'm so obsessed with indoor plants. I don't even know their scientific names so I gave a name for all of them by myself. 


(Pinky plant, little pillow plant,tiny pillow plant, sword leafy, Shiny plant, Fountain plant, Cutie plant, Crater plant) 


I was so impatient to transfer them from smaller pot to bigger pot as its roots grew faster than I expected. Finally my brother and I started filling soil in the bigger pot and we carefully took out the plant and kept it inside. I was so afraid as if I was in an operation theatre. After transferring for about 10 plants, I was overwhelmed with joy and I started watering them. Some plants just grow with only less water and some needs more water. I watered them accordingly. We separated indoor plants and outdoor plants and we were quarreling to keep which plant where. After a great chaos we arranged everything. 

While I was sitting and watching them suddenly something popped up in my mind. Why do we always talk about caged animals and not potted plants? We always talk about the struggles that a caged animal face and we feel pity for them but no-one here talks about potted plants. Only today I thought about this because while I was transferring plants from smaller pot, I saw root of the plants had no place to spread its root as it penetrates in the ground. Only in that limited space its allowed to spread its root, no matter what type of root they belong to like tap root, fibrous root, sap root, etc. I also felt bad about the creepers because their growth is also conditioned, they can't creep wherever they want. Rope is tied or there is a support kept for it to creep on, if it creeps somewhere, we just trim it. 

This on the other hand relates to the society in which only one side of the issues are spoken and the other side remains unspoken, that is not even considered as a problem. I'm not pointing others , we too are a part of this society so I'm talking about all of us. We just see the caged animals that are so evident to our eyes and we fail to see the root that is trapped in the small pot, struggling to grow further. Let's have a broader mind and heart to understand the struggles of potted plants(unspoken side of our society).

          Let's change and make a change.
                                              - Gladys Felcia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🛤️... TRACKS... 🛤️

☀️🐎...THE SUMMER OF THE BEAUTIFUL WHITE HORSE ...☀️🐎

🪕...Tanpura...🪕