📷🖼..."A PHOTOGRAPH"...📷🖼

We all love to take pictures. If someone asks us about an incident,we check for a particular picture that we took on that day. Those days taking a picture is really arduous and not like these days taking pictures as many as we want. That too they will make that one single picture into a portrait and hang it on the wall. Have you ever saw any old portrait of your mother? If yes, usually we'll mock and then admire the way she was. 
While I was thinking of what to write in my blog, I suddenly remembered a poem which I learnt in my class 11. 

This poem "A Photograph" Written by Shirley Toulson reflects upon an old photograph of her mother as a young girl, along with her cousins, taken on the beach at Aldeburgh. The photograph evokes memories of the past, particularly of her deceased mother, who appears frozen in time, forever young and carefree. The speaker describes the photograph in detail, noting the expressions and postures of the subjects. As she examines the image, she is filled with a sense of nostalgia and longing, mourning the passage of time and the loss of loved ones. "A Photograph" is a moving exploration of time, memory, and the enduring power of images to evoke emotions and preserve the past. Toulson's evocative imagery and poignant reflections invite readers to contemplate the fleeting nature of life and the importance of cherishing the moments we hold dear.
Literally I was about to cry while reading this poem.
Few years back, I went to a funeral of my friend's father who passed away in his early 40s due to heart attack. His death was really unexpected because he didn't even undergo any symptoms. My friend's brother was whining because he did not talk with his father for some years because he rebuked him.
Something I want to convey to my readers is, spend time, adore, applaud, love and care your parents while they are alive.
Do you still want to assort with your smartphones and turn your face while your parents ask any help?

Share your comments on this
Thank you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🛤️... TRACKS... 🛤️

☀️🐎...THE SUMMER OF THE BEAUTIFUL WHITE HORSE ...☀️🐎

🪕...Tanpura...🪕